The Horton Plains National Park, Sri Lanka, is the city of Nuwara Eliya, and is considered one of the most important national parks and gardens east of Colombo, Sri Lanka. It is an area of highlands in central Sri Lanka characterized by its picturesque atmosphere, beautiful charming views, wide pastures extending between the mountains and characterized by its dense trees that grow naturally
It is one of the most important tourist destinations in Sri Lanka, especially in the spring, and the reason for this great diversity among wild plants and animals is due to the presence of the sources of the three largest Sri Lankan rivers: Mahaweli, Kelani, and Wala, where they are penetrated by amazing waterfalls, wonderful streams, swamps and cold ponds around which many birds gather Beautifully colored harmoniously like a painting
Horton National Park has a lot of natural beauty, so it always ranks on the list of the best places to visit in the city.
- It is located at an altitude of 2,100 – 2,300 meters above sea level, and is characterized by a lot of biodiversity, including many wild animals and rare plants as well as rare birds.
- The park is an ideal destination for different types of travelers from lovers of relaxation, to those looking for adventure from mountain climbing and hiking in the fresh air, as well as camping among the most beautiful aspects of nature.
Activities in Horton Plains National Park:
- Horton Plains National Park has an amazing biodiversity of birds, animals, huge wild trees, beautiful herds of elephants and deer, who live in peace together you will love to watch and take pictures of them but be careful not to approach them.
- The reason for this great diversity among wild flora and fauna is due to the presence of the sources of the three largest Sri Lankan rivers: Mahaweli, Kelani, and Wala, where they are penetrated by amazing waterfalls, wonderful streams, swamps and cold ponds, around which many beautiful colorful birds gather in harmony as if they were a painting.
Best activities in Horton Plains National Park
- Take a safari tour and enjoy exploring the place, enjoying the fresh air at the top of the hill, and enjoying the green scenes around you. Wherever you look, you will love to sit, relax and meditate on the terraces for visitors at the top of the hills.
- For lovers of hiking and mountain climbing, you will not find a better place than the Horton Plains National Park to practice your favorite hobby safely with less risk, as there are wonderful long trails for group walking, you will love this collective experience.
- For camping and adventure lovers, you can rent camping equipment and stay outdoors for several days and rely on yourselves. You will be amazed at the beauty of the first hour of dawn and sunrise while you are upstairs, and you will be able to eat your favorite food grilled by yourself.
- During your tour of the Horton Plains National Park, you will enjoy sitting long in front of one of the most beautiful and famous waterfalls of Sri Lanka, as it flows from the top of the hill to the bottom. You will love the sound of the water and you can put your feet in the cool refreshing water.
- Horton Plains National Park has an amazing biodiversity of birds, animals, huge wild trees, herds of beautiful elephants and deer that live in peace together you will love to watch and take pictures of them but be careful not to approach them.